As our country and the world sees the impacts of COV-19, we must work to support one another in every way we can.
One of the cornerstones of our community are our small businesses. With students leaving early and many people becoming less mobile, our small businesses, many of which operate on very thin margins, will face great challenges. We all need to work to minimize the impact and ensure these businesses continue during and following the outbreak.
Here’s how you can help our local merchants:
- Buy gift certificates. Even if you don’t use them now, you can use them in the future. Some shops offer these online.
- Buy products that will keep, through freezing or other means, from our area stores. STOCK UP LOCALLY.
- Some businesses are offering delivery or pickup services. Take advantage of these when you can.
- Contribute to PCD’s Small Business Fund to help us provide direct assistance to those in need.
Below is a list of what businesses have available during the outbreak. Please follow their links to learn more:
Parry’s has 4 options for shopping:
- Option 1: visit shopparrys.com for a full inventory and direct ordering. Delivery is free for orders $20+ and within a 15 mile radius (otherwise, $10 delivery fee).
- Option 2: check out their Pointy site (link in their Instagram bio) for a list of inventory, and then call (315) 824-0002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Payment will be done over the phone and delivery will be prepared. Orders placed before 2pm will be delivered that day, and orders placed later than 2pm will arrive the following day.
- Option 3: place an order by calling or emailing (number and email above) and pickup curbside.
- Option 4: visit the store in person! Masks and social distancing are required.
Flour & Salt Bakery is open Wednesday through Sunday from 8-1 for pickup, and offers delivery through Saturday. Flour & Salt is offering 3 ways to order:
You can also order food to ship across the US (https://flour-salt.square.site/#bJCsmw) and purchase e-cards (https://squareup.com/gift/CT1A4NXCNE2PZ/order).
Face coverings are required for pickup. All pickup orders are placed on the shelf inside and marked with names. Do not enter the store if another customer is inside.
You can also purchase coffee beans from FoJo here: https://fojobeans.com/shop/
For orders over $35, use the code “Community” for free delivery!
Crush Bottle Shop
is offering online ordering for pickup at their website.
Shop their full inventory online and select “pay by phone”, and they will call you and have you pay over the phone, available for pickup or delivery. Orders are generally processed from 1-4:30 and deliveries are sent around 4:30-6. For free local delivery there is a 4 bottle minimum.
Jewett’s Cheese House is open regular hours and if you call ahead at 1-800-638-3836 or email email@example.com, they will bring your order out to your car. You can also contact them for shipments across the US.
‘s Kriemhild Kupboard self-service farm store is open during daylight hours from dawn to dusk. Since it is a small area, please practice social distancing. The Kupboard accepts cash, checks, and credit cards if someone is on the premises to do so. Orders can be shipped. Shop online here: http://www.kriemhilddairy.com/online-store.html
is open to the public, requiring face masks, by appointment or during store hours (Wednesday-Saturday 11-4). Curbside pickup and delivery within 10 miles are also available. Orders can be placed through Facebook
or by calling 315-824-0897.
The gallery is also offering gift certificates by phone (315-824-0897
) or through private message on Facebook. Gift certificates are typically mailed out, but an online version can be created and e-mailed to you (payment will still need to be done by phone).
Shol’s Boutique is open for business, requiring masks, Wed-Fri 11-5 and Saturdays 10:30-4.
- Face coverings are always required
- 6 people are allowed in the store at one time MAX
- Fitting room items must be set aside and steamed before returning to the floor.
Online ordering is still available on their website, including FREE delivery on all orders: https://sholsboutique.com/.
Maxwell’s is open 11-5 Monday-Thursday and 11-8 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are also accepting phone orders at 315-824-1280 as well as local delivery.
Rusch’s Bar & Grill is open for in dining service! The restaurant seating capacity will be 50% and we will be following all the New York State requirements for restaurants phase 3 reopening. All patrons are required to wear face coverings at all times except when seated at their table. Hours are currently:
Tuesday – Saturday 11:30-2pm and 5:00-8:00pm
Bar hours will be based on business, but open till at least 10pm.
Rusch’s is still offering the to go menu for pick up and curb service. Delivery will be limited and based on current business status.
Free delivery for orders over $25 within a 10-mile radius, with free delivery at any amount to people over 60. Order here: https://olo.spoton.com/5e94b009fc1ebc3aa6d646c0
or call at 315-228-2122.
The Colgate Bookstore
is open Monday – Friday 10am – 5:30pm, Saturday 10am – 5pm, and closed on Sundays. Shopping is available by visiting the store, through the website (https://www.colgatebookstore.com
), or arranging for curbside pick-up (call 877-362-7666
- Please wear your mask while shopping with us.
- Please use hand sanitizer provided upon entering the bookstore. They have hand sanitizer stations installed through out the store. Please practice social distancing while shopping with us.
- Children 12 and under are welcome but must be supervised at all times.
- No public restroom at this time.
- They are allowing returns with exceptions.
The Hamilton Inn
is open for outdoor dining, and now has a new menu. It is also available for takeout, which can be picked up either curbside or in the lobby. Place your order here: https://order2.silverwarepos.com/app/HamiltonInn#!/menu
You can also order home delivery through their website or by calling 315-228-2125. Deliveries can be made within a 10 mile radius of the Inn and is available Wed-Sat from 4-7:30.
Ray Brothers BBQ
is open for outdoor dining in the Yard Amphitheater area, picnic style (self-serve). They are closed Tuesday-Thursday but open Friday at 4, Saturday and Sunday at 2, and Monday at 4 (wing night and margarita special). You can place orders for pickup by calling 315-893-7200 or 315-893-4019. “We will take your phone number and name when you order. There is no need to check in inside when you arrive, we will just send a text when your order is ready!”
“If you are able to pay with cash, please do as this will save everyone in our industry the high credit card processing fees! Any tips for service are much appreciated and will be dispersed equally among the entire staff that put your order together.”
They are also offering single-serve alcoholic drinks to take home with your food. This includes canned and bottled beers along with single-serve wines. They are offering growler fills and are running a Kill the Keg special: fill your growler with any on tap beverage for $10! Follow them on Facebook
for information about their specials.
Poolville Country Store
is open for curbside pickup Tuesday-Saturday 5:00-7:00 p.m. Call 315-691-2677 or text 315-750-5408. Follow them on Facebook
for their weekly specials.
Lotus Salon & Spais taking appointments for manicures and pedicures. Call for your appointment at 315-824-3000. They are open Tuesday and Wednesday 9-5 Thursday and Friday 9-8 Saturday 9-3.
HP Photography (click for link) is offering gift cards for one-hour sessions.
Quack’s Village Inn is open for indoor dining 12pm to 8pm Tuesday-Sunday. You can also order online for pickup and delivery here: https://www.quacksvillageinn.com/online-ordering/quacks-village-inn/menu/order-settings
Here are some resources for our small businesses: