Rural Business Technology Grants
Now accepting applications on a rolling basis.
A micro-grant program designed to use technology to help farm- and forestry-based businesses grow. Eligible projects will incorporate new technology into your business model to assist with logistics and marketing. Some examples of possible projects include:
- Customer Relations Management subscription and set-up
- Website creation or upgrades
- E-commerce and online ordering
- Professional photography and marketing materials
- Other technologies to assist with logistics and marketing
This grant is open to farm- and forestry-based businesses in the towns of Hamilton, Lebanon, Eaton, Madison, and Brookfield, and the villages of Hamilton, Earlville, Madison, and Morrisville. Preference will be given to businesses within 10 miles of the Village of Hamilton.
Minimum award: $1000
Maximum award: $10,000
Click on the Grant Overview and Award Guide below for more information.
Because of the guidelines of this grant program, applicants will be required to work with one of the vendors listed below to complete your grant project. Each of our vendors offers a variety of versatile services for your business. Click the links to learn about each vendor’s available services.
Customer Relationship Management Systems:
Website Upgrades & E-Commerce:
Photography and Marketing:
PCD First-Time Homebuyer Grants
- Preference will be given to homes in the Town and Village of Hamilton
Rural Business Transitions Program
PCD was awarded $350,000 from the Alliance for Economic Inclusion. With the funding, PCD launched our Rural Business Transitions Program to assist local businesses, including farms, undergoing a transitional phase in their business growth. This program is intended to stabilize and improve business conditions for the region by keeping long-time businesses in operation and assisting those that would like to grow.
This grant is available for businesses in the towns of Hamilton, Eaton, Madison, Lebanon, and Brookfield, including villages.
Who should contact us about this program:
- A business owner planning to retire or sell, either to a new owner or to their employees. If you want to sell your business but do not have a buyer lined up, PCD can assist you in finding potential buyers.
- Someone interested in purchasing a business whose owner is retiring or selling.
- An owner of a part-time business who would like to take their business full-time.
- A business owner undergoing another major transition for which grant assistance is required.
Possible program costs:
- CPA fees for business evaluation
- Attorneys’ fees for restructuring etc.
- Down payment for purchase of business
- Operational costs associated with a business transition
How to apply:
If you are interested in this program, please fill out the contact form below and a PCD staff member will contact you to set up an initial project consultation.