The Partnership for Community Development
The PCD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that works to enhance sustainable economic opportunity and community vitality in the village and town of Hamilton and the surrounding areas.
Specifically, we help:
- Existing businesses and farms thrive.
- Attract and support new community-minded businesses and talent to our area.
- Develop attractive, inviting and commercially viable downtown area.
- Preserve and enhance the small town, rural character of our community, staying authentic to who we are.
- Foster widespread civic involvement in community development initiatives.
- Research, solicit, and administer grants and gifts to serve these purposes and leverage the community resources of our Partner organizations.
Following long-range planning efforts in the Town of Hamilton and Village of Hamilton, representatives of the Town, Village and Colgate University met in August 1998 to discuss opportunities for a cooperative project that would revitalize the local economy and enhance the quality of life for area residents.
Attending were the town supervisor, the chair of the town’s long-range planning effort; the mayor of the village; the University’s president, treasurer, communications director, a faculty member with a record of community projects and the consultants who had assisted with the town’s plan. That meeting was the first anyone could remember when Town, Village and Colgate University had convened to explore their common concerns.
Our Board’s make-up is intended to reflect PCD’s geographic reach, focus on community vitality, and our ongoing commitment to the collaboration between the Town and Village of Hamilton, Colgate University, and community residents.
Board of Directors
- Peter Radosta, President
- Dave Buran, Vice President
- Jennifer Marotto Lutter, Secretary
- Sean Fadale, Treasurer
- Joanne Borfitz
- Matt Crumb
- Peter Darby
- Lindsay LaRuffa
- Russ Lura
- Liam McDevitt
- Jody Palmer
- Mike Sciola
- Clay Skinner
Village of Hamilton (Ruthann Loveless, Mayor)
Town of Hamilton (Eve Ann Schwartz, Supervisor)
Colgate University (Brian Casey, President)