In addition to the annual investments in PCD made by the Village of Hamilton, Town of Hamilton, and Colgate University, support from individual donors is both an important source of operating capital and the clearest demonstration to grant funders that PCD’s work is valued by the community.
A sampling of our recent achievements and activities demonstrates what PCD brings to the community:
- Since 2015, PCD has raised over $2 million in grant funds to help local businesses start, grow, and create jobs and to do other community projects.
- Working with county and local governments and other non-profit organizations, PCD organized a long-term recreation initiative that will improve and publicize local trails and other outdoor recreation. So far, we’ve created the interactive recreation website GoSoMad and worked with Cornell University to design surface improvements and updated signage for the Chenango Canal Towpath Trail. We were also awarded a grant to re-pave a one mile section of the towpath trail, which will be completed in 2020.
- In 2019, PCD and Colgate’s Thought into Action program were awarded a $625,000 grant to make 20 Utica Street a Certified NYS Business Incubator and to hire a full-time director to run the space. Starting in 2019, a new set of services and programming has launched for business owners.
- In 2017/2018, PCD partnered with the Utica Homeownership Association to award $350,000 in grants for exterior renovation to homeowners in the Town and Village of Hamilton.
- In 2020-2022, PCD assisted over a dozen local businesses with micro-grants for business technology and business transitions.
Your support is an investment in a stronger local economy, and a stronger local economy benefits us all. Please consider a gift to PCD’s Annual Fund. Your support will make a difference.
You can donate online using the link to the right or by mailing a check to:
PCD, PO Box 37, Hamilton, NY 13346